Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Destruction of the Sunwell and the Joining of Sylvanus

Quel'Thalas.

My home and sacred land. This is where my people began their new life in a new land. This is where that life was destroyed. Arthas, the Lich King, destroyed my people and destroyed the Sunwell forever. I did not get to see the Sunwell be destroyed. But I witnessed its aftereffects.

I was killed when Arthas came to Quel'Thalas. I, a priest of the Light, fought against his undead Scourge to defend my people and my home. But it was not enough. I was struck down by the necromantic powers of one of Arthas's mages. But shortly there-after I was reborn to fight for him. But I do not remember seeing the Well destroyed.

But destroyed it was.

My name is Karolinus and I am now of the Forsaken.

Sylvanus Windrunner, former Ranger-General of the Silvermoon Conclave, now Dark Queen of the Forsaken. There was a moment in our undeath that we were no longer under the Lich King's rule. In that moment Sylvanus came for us, my brethren and me, and we were free. We were intelligent, strong, willful and angry. We were vengeful! Ruthless, corrupt creatures of darkness. I could no longer wield the Light, but I could wield the Shadow perfectly in my new state!

And I did use it against the Scourge and the humans who so rejected us at every turn. I relished their screams of pain, pain that I could no longer feel! My jealousy consumed me and their screams quenched my thirst for life and hope.

I used the Shadow to do horrible things. Entire towns, villages were destroyed in our wake as we pushed to find a home for ourselves within the plagued and dying lands of Azeroth. The former human capital of Lordaeron became our home. And within its depths we carved a new nation. We continued our blood work to find a cure and to create new weapons of war in our fight against the Scourge and the Living.

Sylvanus saved us all. Without her I would not be here. Many of the priests now follow the Shadow, and within our sects we have created a cult for it to rival the Church of the Light, to rival the Light itself who so abandoned us in our greatest time of need! The Cult of Forgotten Shadow. How powerful we did become. We stretched the very boundaries of the Shadow near to the breaking point, and still we are not finished.

I am Karolinus Shadeblight, and I am of the Forsaken! Arthas will meet his end!

No comments:

Post a Comment