Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Return to Quel'Thalas

The Blood Elves, or the Sindorei as they are now called. As the Horde moved into the Outlands and to the Orc's former homeland the Blood Elves became our allies. Almost unconsciously I began searching their faces as we met ambassadors in the Throne Room of anyone familiar. I sensed that our Dark Lady did the same. They did not hate us as I thought they would.

They shared our pain. Many of the Forsaken were elves in their former life and they still felt the sting of losing their ancestral homeland.  Many of the Elves of Silvermoon had lost loved ones to the Scourge and to see some of them again in this unlife was truly a welcome thing. A group of tourist ambassadors was invited to Silvermoon to learn more about the Blood Elves as they were to become part of the Horde. I, and a few others, accompanied the Forsaken ambassador as allies.

The destruction of Silvermoon nearly made me fall to my knees in anguish. But I held my ground. Fear and sadness was a sign of weakness. But for the first time in my unlife I felt a new sense of hatred for Arthas and a wish to help rebuild a living person's life.

I frequently returned to my former homeland remember fond memories. I also found that some of my sect had survived, but a very small amount. Fantastically one of my best friends had also survived the onslaught. He was surprised to see me, but that surprise gave way to sheer joy and happiness and she fell in my arms weeping. We talked for a long time and I told her about the Light and how it had abandoned me. Arabeth told me that the Light had also abandoned the Blood Elves and that now they had to find new sources for the thirst for magic and for the Light.

Their manner of doing this fazed me a little. The Blood Elves were not a terrible evil lot, but now that they had fed off of Fel magics some of them had become so. Some had gone mad. And there were warlocks in their midst now. The Forsaken part of me did not care: Anything to defeat Arthas. But the Elvish part of me screamed in pain and anguish at seeing the Blood Elves become so desperate.

I learned that our Prince Kael'Thas Sunstrider had practically betrayed the Sindorei. He had turned to the half-demon Illidan for support against the Alliance and the Horde, but also against Arthas. He failed in his quest. The Forsaken would destroy the Lich King, not some Night Elf demon child of Kil'Jaeden.

No comments:

Post a Comment